Manual Handling – Half Day or Evening Course (10 Places)
Under Health and Safety legislation all employees who handle loads as part of their normal duties must have adequate information and training. Manual Handling training is provided as part of a programme to improve health and safety in the workplace and reduce the risk of injury to employees.
This course is suitable for anyone who handles loads at work.
This course covers
Structures of the back
How to prevent back injuries
Ergonomics and manual handling assessments
Principles of safer handling
The course teaches
How to lift from waist level
How to lift from the floor
How to lift from shoulder level
Pushing and pulling loads
How to lift safely in a team
- Instructors are fully qualified with QQI Level 6 Qualification in Manual Handling (6N0233)
- Instructors are experienced health professionals
- Small group training – all participants have an opportunity to practice safe handling techniques and receive feedback from our instructors
- QQI certification is provided to all participants on course completion
- Custom built facility or site based training available
- Consultation with participants and/or their employer to ensure training is tailored to meet the needs of the group.